Monday, December 16, 2013

the era of perpetual questioning.

I feel like I'm at the point in my life where everyone just asks me questions.  I suppose that's how every seventeen to twenty-one year old feels.  I call it the Era of the Perpetual Questioning.  Last school year it was: "Where are you applying to school?"  "What schools did you get into?"  "Where did you decide to go?"  "When do you leave?"

Answers: Word of Life.  Word of Life.  Word of Life.  Beginning of September.

This school year it's: "What are you studying?" The Bible.  "How do you like school?"  I. Freaking. Love. It.  "When do you go back?" January second.  "How's break going?"  Boring, but Christmasy.  "How's the weather up in New York?"  Borderline arctic tundra, but with more trees and mountains.

Honestly, since I've been home for break I feel as if all I've been doing is answering questions.  It's a tad bit exhausting and mind-numbing.  I pretty much have rehearsed answers to any question someone could throw at me.  I'm sure once I start nearing the end of my time at Word of Life, people will start asking me more questions, ones I don't even have answers to: "What are your plans after the BI?"  "Are you going to another school?"  "Are you gonna go into full time ministry?"  "Where do you want to live?" 

As of now, I have no idea what the answers to any of these questions will be.  I know the answers will be provided in time, but that time has not yet come, and so I worry.

But there's something I don't worry about, and it's something that I learned in church today.  In the Bible, whenever Jesus refers to Himself as "I AM", it's as if He's saying "I'm it!  I'm the only thing you need!"  I don't need the answers to those questions that I constantly fret about because I have God.  He provides the answers.  He is the answer.

~grace&peace~

Song of the day: "Royals" cover by Puddles the Clown.  Enjoy, all you cool folk.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment